Parenting With Mindfulness Workshop @ SMU
In today’s increasingly distracted world causing disruption to the parent-child dynamic, the need to rediscover and reconnect is more important than ever.
In today’s increasingly distracted world causing disruption to the parent-child dynamic, the need to rediscover and reconnect is more important than ever. This interactive and experiential course will empower parents with a mindfulness-based toolkit to manage stress, multiple responsibilities and interpersonal relationships.
Duration: 1.5 hours per session
No. of sessions: 4 (Starting on Saturday 17th September 2022)
Please click Register below to reserve your place.
Free Information Session: 3rd September 2022 @ 2.00pm
Cost: $595 (inclusive of GST).
SkillsFuture Credit Eligible. If you would like to use SkillsFuture Credit to pay for the course, please contact email@example.com
Mindful parenting can help when a challenging situation arises with your child (for example, refusing to do homework) and allows you to:
- Respond with awareness to these unplanned and stressful moments
- Learn to listen and communicate with impact
- Problem-solve with patience, rather than insisting on a “one-size fits all’ solution
A mindfulness practice offers more than quick fixes. It begins a journey for families to engage more positively with greater attention and awareness. You will learn practical strategies to transform mindsets and behaviours that enhance family well-being.
By the end of this course, parents will learn the following:
- Practical mindfulness strategies
- Techniques to develop empathy and inner resilience
- Listening and communication tools
- Acceptance and Self-Compassion approaches
- Transformative and sustainable behaviours to navigate parent-child relationships
- Enhance wellbeing for self and family
What makes this different from other parenting course is the concept of mindfulness, especially its focus on emotional regulation.
Excellent workshop! I felt that you both provided very useful techniques which I can apply to my family at home.